Brown discharge, weakness, tiredness, headaches. Is this something I should be concerned about?

Hi, im 24 years old, i have already have 2 kids ages 3 and 4, I have had a normal period every month at the same time and it ended last tuesday..... but then a day ago i started having brown discharge..... feeling very weak and tired, getting headaches, and just not feeling well...... it this something i should be concerned about??
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Thanks for posting the query.

Please do not worry. Brownish discharge which is not during your regular periods is most often indicative of endometrial infection. It is a lining of your uterus.

Please XXXXXXX your doctor soon for a physical examination. You might have to undergo blood tests like complete blood count, renal function tests and also a ultra sound of the pelvis. The discharge has to be sent for microscopy and culture to confirm the cause.

For now, please follow these advises.

1. Drink plenty of water. Minimum of 4 litres per day.
2. Please wash genital area and also urinate after sexual intercourse. Use a condom until you XXXXXXX your doctor.
3. Watch out for fever, pain in the pelvic are and difficulty in urinating.
4. Please do not delay meeting your doctor.

You will be treated with antibiotics like Amoxicillin or third generation Cephalosporin.

The other possibilities are:
1. Infection of the cervix.

2. Infection of the vaginal wall.

These can be ruled out only after physical examination.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further query please accept my answer