Brown discharge after ivf transfer. Test done to check progesterone level. Related to pregnancy?

Mar 2013
Hi, i did ivf. I have transferred 2 blastocyst embryos day 5 on 5 march 2013. Today is day 11 after transfer. I put crinone 8% twice daily and today I see brown discharges. However, my doctor checked progesteron blood test on day 5 after embryo transfer and it shows 35.62ng/ml. I am wondering whether it is related the chance of pregnancy or not? My doctor ask for hcg blood test on next Monday 18/03.
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 40 minutes later
Thank you for your query.
The brown discharge has no corelation with your pregnancy.
The progesterone level Day 5 after embryo transfer is done to decide whether further hormonal support for pregnancy is required.
It is also not an indicator of pregnancy rate.
The only reliable way to know whether pregnancy has occurred or not, is to have a blood B HCG test as scheduled.
Also, continue using Crinone gel and all other medications as advised.
Follow all the precautions .

Wait for your HCG test and till then do not panic unnecessarily.
All the best.
Feel free to discuss further.
Follow-up: Brown discharge after ivf transfer. Test done to check progesterone level. Related to pregnancy? 26 minutes later
Thanks, doctor. Is it the brown discharge is side effect of the medicine? It is leaked out a bit like a spot. My doctor said The progesteron is fine, and I should continue the medicines following her prescribe. And I still do it daily regularly. What do u think about my chance?
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 minutes later
The brown discharge could be the Crinone gel that often discharges out.
You should continue to use it.
I told you, the discharge has no relation with your chance of pregnancy.
You would only know when the blood test is done.
Your chances are same as those worldwide with IVF, that is around 30 % if no other risk factors are present.
All the best.
Stress and anxiety will lead to negative results.
Please relax.