Brown dirty bits around inside of labia. Normal?

I've noticed when I wipe there are little brown dirt looking bits of ??? around the inside of my labia and inner labia, even though I'm not menstruating. I shower daily so I know I'm clean....what's up with that? Is this normal? It really makes me feel dirty. I'm thinkning it may just be vaginal fluid that has dried or something but I'm not certain....? Really just want to know if this is abnormal or not? And what exactly this stuff is.
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The material you see after wiping could be the incompletely shred endometrium from the previous period.This could have been trapped or not completely shred from the previous period.This is a normal issue and occurs in many with no specific cause and timing.

Only if it occurs repeatedly for 3 to 4 months , then chances of hormonal imbalance which is causing regular poor shredding of the endometrium could be the cause.

Need not worry, this symptom for 2 or 3 months is not serious.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.