Brown creamy discharge from clitoris. Is it bacterial infection? Home remedy possible?

I have no health insurance. I have a brown creamy discharge coming from my clitoris today. My menstrual cycle is not due for another week. I suspected I have a bacterial infection. Is there a home remedy if I do or a way to get a precsription that I can pay cash for without going to doctor? What prescription would I need?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 29 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Since how long do you have this Problem?
2.) Do you feel pain while having sex?
3.) Is the discharge having foul odor?
4.) Do you have Vaginal itching or irritation?
5.) Do you have Burning during urination?

Your History suggests you are suffering from Bacterial Vaginosis. Another possibility is Vaginal Candidiasis. Hence both these conditions have to be ruled out. Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist so that he/she can examine you and rule out any serious underlying pathology. Only home remedies might not be of help to you as you will require antibiotics or anti fungal medications depending upon the etiology (Cause).

I am sorry, as I cannot give any prescription without a proper physical examination. You will have to see a Gynecologist.

Some measures which might help you are:

1.) Avoiding repeated douching.
2.) Practising safe sex.
3.) Staying out of hot tubs.
4.) Use unscented pads and avoid using hard soaps.
5.) Use condom during sexual intercourse.
6.) Avoid tight clothes and wear cotton panties.
7.) Avoid cleaning the anal area from back to front as this might spread the intestinal bacteria to vagina.
8.) Eat or apply plain yogurt directly to the vagina or a tampon soaked in yogurt can be also be inserted.
9.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Brown creamy discharge from clitoris. Is it bacterial infection? Home remedy possible? 15 minutes later
I just noticed the problem less than 12 hours ago. I did notice slight itching a week ago. No pain, odor or burning. Is this most likely bacterial? Should my partner be worried about bacteria and get checked?
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 2 hours later

Thank you for writing back to me.

Your follow up history suggests you have vaginal Infection, since you have itching. Most probably looks Fungal Infection of the vagina (Vaginal Candidiasis). But, this has to be confirmed by physical examination and relevant investigations.

There are chances that your Partner is also infected and he also should get treated for the same.

Abstain from sexual intercourse, until you both get yourselves treated.

Follow the lifestyle modifications which I had suggested before.

Hope, this helps to solve your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

Wish you speedy recovery.