Brown and pink bumps on penis, on BP & cholesterol medication, STD, HIV tests -ve. Skin lesions?

Dermatologist
Question
I am twenty nine years old, five feet eleven inches, one hundred and ninety pounds. Currently on blood pressure medication and cholesterol medication, both are normal now. I have three spots on my penis that slightly brown and pink i guess. I have pushed one and it just gets red and irritated but nothing comes out. I have had std testing two months ago with no hsv one or two, and no hiv. I am trying to figure out if these are just skin legions, or some other form of bump I need to be concerned with. I had my GP look at them and he does not seem concerned but did not give a description of what they might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Two spots are on the side of the shaft, and the other spot is on the end of the shaft closest to the abdominal wall. The two bumps on the side are a decent width apart. I can not recall how long I have had them and they have not really grown in shape or size. I do have several other small bumps around shaft doctor said was fordyce. So the bumps in questio
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 8 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

I understood your problem however it would be good if you can answer few of my queries:
1) What is the exact location of these spots.
2) Are these spots raised above the skin level.
3) Is the surface texture rough or warty to touch.

Its important to see the lesion clinically here,so if you can post a close up picture of the same ,then I can suggest you better.
You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

However ,with the description you have given it seems to be just a junctional mole or a flat mole (which is commonly seen over penis).

The other possibility is of a flat wart ,which should be taken seriously and be treated.

If you can reply me with the answers and the pictures, I would be able to suggest you better.
Perhaps a visit to competent dermatologist can also confirm the diagnosis.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda

Follow-up: Brown and pink bumps on penis, on BP & cholesterol medication, STD, HIV tests -ve. Skin lesions? 5 hours later
Dr. Chawda I have attached a picture at your request. There are three bumps, two of which you can see very well and the one that is red is at the lower right of the shaft that you can barely see. It is red because I tried to pick at it. I know that that is not the best thing to do. The bump in the center is the most brown and the one to the top is still slightly brownish pink. As far as texture they seem to be a smooth surface rather than rough. They are raised slightly but no more than the other bumps on the shaft of the penis that have been diagnosed as normal. Thank you for your time, I appreciate your feedback.

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 6 hours later
Hi!

Thank you for the reply and the pictures.

The picture was not very clear, but with what I could make out, looks like a flat wart. Flat warts look like brown, smooth, slightly raised lesions on skin.

I think you should take a treatment promptly as these can spread further and may cause many more lesions.

There are topical preparations available like imiquimode or 5FU cream to cauterization with either laser or a cautery machine. I would advise you to consult a dermatologist for proper treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, should you have additional concern regarding the same, I would be happy to address it. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr.Bharat chawda XXXXXXX specialist, Dermatology.

Follow-up: Brown and pink bumps on penis, on BP & cholesterol medication, STD, HIV tests -ve. Skin lesions? 10 hours later
Dr. Chawda,

Thank you again for all your help. I just have a few more questions if that is ok. Will cauterization leave scarring in this area? Is there any major health risks with having flat warts? Will cauterization and boosting my immune system help prevent any further warts from appearing and will the body eventually get rid of this type of virus? Last question, what is the risk of spreading this virus to others with this type of wart? Thank you again for you help. These are my last questions and I would be happy to except your answer. I really appreciate you taking the time that you have to answer all my concerns.

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 3 hours later
Hi!,

Thank you for writing back,

I will try to answer your question step by step.

1) Will cauterization leave scarring in this area?

If done properly then scaring is very minimal .It also depends upon what method is used.

2) Is there any major health risks with having flat warts?

Yes,since its a virus ,it can spread and have multiple such lesions.There is a very unsightly condition called Buschke-Löwenstein tumors,which in a very sever form of the genital warts.
Since these are genital warts ,it is always a suspect that it is transmitted through sexual contact .In such a case you should get your self properly tested for HIV and other STDs.

3) Will cauterization and boosting my immune system help prevent any further warts from appearing and will the body eventually get rid of this type of virus?

Boosting the immune system would definitely help preventing a recurrence of the lesion.Oral zinc tablets & levamisol does have a minor role to play in this.They work as immunomodulators here.

At times it does happen that warts recur ,but proper treatment and precautions would help preventing a relapse.

4) what is the risk of spreading this virus to others with this type of wart?

There is a definite risk of spreading this to others especially through direct contact.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.