Brown and light red discharge during periods, breast tenderness, nausea, less cramps. Abdominal discomfort. Pregnancy?

The week I was expecting my period I had very light brown discharge for 3 days, no need of pad, just a panty liner. On the fourth day I got bright red thin blood, heavier flow, but not as heavy as a period. But I had to use a pad, butonly one. Next day it went back to brown. I usually have painful cramps and for the first time in my life I didnt not have to take painkillers. Cramps were really mild. That was last week and since then I've felt a lot of nausea. I also feel tenderness in my brests, but only when I wake up in the morning. I took a HPT the day I got bright red (4 days ago) and it came negative. The discharge is gone but I am feeling very mild stabbing sensation, like the ones before my period is comming but a way lot milder. They dont hurt at all, it is just annoying. I went to the doctor the day I took HPT and he told me I should be seen by an OB. He thinks it is pregnancy, but the closest OB appointment is in a month. I would appreciate some help.
Posted Sat, 29 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 21 minutes later

I agree with your doctor. Two reasons favour pregnancy-
1. You had a light bleeding. Such light bleeding can be implantation bleeding.
2. You have symptoms of nausea, breast tenderness, etc.

Having said that, without a positive pregnancy test it's very difficult to confirm pregnancy. I see you had the home pregnancy test. But as the test was done in a day or two after your due date, there are chances of false negativity. Therefore I will advise you to repeat home pregnancy test / blood beta hCG levels now followed by an ultrasound scan (if possible) after 6 to 7 days.

The aforementioned test results should clarify any doubts of pregnancy.

In between, if you experience excessive pain abdomen or excessive bleeding; consult doctor at the closest ER.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be available for your further help if any.