Broken condom, unwanted pregnancy. Taken postinor. Can eating and alcohol be taken?

Question
I have taken Postinor 2 step as a result of a broken condom and unwanted pregnancy. I took it within 2 hours of intercourse. Can I continue eating and drinking normally before I take the second tablet and am I able to consume alcohol later today?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 25 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX
Thanks for posting the query.
Posti nor 2 is a emergency contraceptive pill which inhibits the implantation of ovum in endothelium of the uterus.
You can continue eating and drinking normally before you take take the second tablet however,you have to avoid alcohol.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me for any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.

Follow-up: Broken condom, unwanted pregnancy. Taken postinor. Can eating and alcohol be taken? 4 minutes later
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX

Thank you for your reply.
Does alcohol change the effectiveness of this tablet? If I take the second tablet at 10.30am am I able to drink alcohol after dinner (some 10-12 hours later) or the next day?

Thank you again for all your assistance.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Hello
It is always better to avoid alcohol for another 24 hrs.
The alcohol consumtion may reduce the effectiveness of postinor.
Thanks