Broke clavicle and pelvic bone in accident. Suggest painkiller without side effects and medicines for speedy bone healing.

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
i met with an accidentand broke 8 ribs on left side from 1st to 8th rib,1,2 and 3rd rib right side and clavicle bone right sideand also broke pelvis bone left side on 22 oct 2011.sugest pain killer to manage pain without side effects and some medicines for early bone healing.regards,also provide guidence regarding use of chymoral forte
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
You have suffered an extensive injury due to accident. Since one and a half month has passed, mild healing of bone would have taken place already.
All the pain killers do have minor side effects. You are already taking Tablet Etoricoxib 60mg twice daily.
You can add an opioid pain killer like tramadol or Vorth TP after consulting with your orthopedician.
The best treatment to help bone healing is calcium supplements. Chymoral forte mainly helps in soft tissue healing and decreases inflammation around the site of injury. You can continue taking it as prescribed by your physician until your pain subsides.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.

Follow-up: Broke clavicle and pelvic bone in accident. Suggest painkiller without side effects and medicines for speedy bone healing. 17 hours later
dear doctor i am not taking chymoral forte but one physian recommended the medicine and my querry is about the dose rate of the medicine, its side effects and how long this medicine can be taken.How much time pelvis bone fracture takes in normal cicumstances

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Hello.

Thanks for writing again.

Chymoral forte is a fixed dose combination and is available in single strength. However before starting it, I think you need to consult your Orthopedician to do a physical examination to find out the extent of gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting and allergic reactions have been reported as side effects of Chymoral Forte.

Normally pelvis fracture takes 6-8 weeks for healing, but this time can be prolonged in calcium deficiency and perimenopausal osteoporosis.

Hope my answer is helpful. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Regards.

Follow-up: Broke clavicle and pelvic bone in accident. Suggest painkiller without side effects and medicines for speedy bone healing. 1 hour later
dear doctor i also want know about the healing time of fractured ribs and for how long the pain will persist in my case.regards

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 hours later
Hello.
The fractured ribs usually heal in 4-6 weeks time if adequate rest is given. It may be prolonged if there is infection, associated widespread soft tissue injury, etc.
Interindividual variation is commonly seen.
Pain persists till the muscle injury is healed and in some cases may even persist for 8-10 weeks.
Regards.