Ask a Urologist   »  

Bright yellow urine with brown specks. Recently started taking multivitamin. Should I be concerned?

Hi there lately I've noticed my urine to be bright yellow almost fleuro and have noticed brown specks when I wipe myself after I pee, should I be concerned? My only recent change of diet is for the past 2 or so weeks I have been taking a multivitamin+ cleanse tablet aswell as 3 fish oil tablets a day and I'm also on an anti depressant called avanza which I have been taking for a month and a half
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Thanks for your query to health care magic.
The brown specs may not be necessarily from the urine and may be from the birth passage.
It is better to do urine aalysis and confirm if urine is normal.
If urine test is normal and there is no other symptom , there is no need to worry.
Hope this helps, kindly get back for further queries, if any.