Bright red blood in urine infrequently. Had nausea. High protein intake. Am I okay?

Hi - I'm a 43 yr old male. Have been experiencing bright red blood at the beginning of my urine stream infrequently over last month or so (3-4 times in total). Each time just a drop or two. I work out alot - 5-6 times a week strenuously. No fatigue or weight loss. Have had 2 very minor bouts of nausea but attributed it to strong pre-workout supplements on an empty stomach. No pain or discomfort when I urinate or otherwise. Average 2 alcoholic beverages/day but no other bad habits and diet overall is monitored closely and very good (high protein intake). Pretty nervous so appreciate any advice.
Posted Sat, 26 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Blood in the urine, esp. if painless should never be ignored. It can be due to a urethral problem or bladder problem. You need to be examined and most probably need to undergo urethra-cystoscopy to look for the cause.
Kindly contact your physician and he will most probably direct you to what is called HEMATURIA clinic for evaluation.

Please act soon, get well soon.