Breathlessness, pressure against lungs upon breathing out, no coughing. Did I hurt my lungs due to CPAP?

I am a female. 24, 5'8, and weigh 289. One day I woke up not being able to breathe. I went to Urgent care and they didn't bother to do a chest xray, they just listened to my lungs, said it sounded fine, then gave me an anti depressant and anti anxiety. They also gave me Advair, though I do not have Asama. I tried it and it made me feel dizzy and sick to my tummy. So I ceased from using it any more. I still kinda felt shortness of breathe and everytime I would try and sleep it felt like I couldn't breathe so I would be jolted awake. A friend lent me his Cpap machine. I think it was at a low setting, about 8 or 9. That seemed to help a tiny bit, but the next day I still felt out of breathe. It was only after the fact that I used the Cpap that I realized I shouldn't have because it could be XXXXXXX Finally someone told me "Just try breathing into a paper bag." Well, I feel like I can breathe much better now... But now every time I exhail, I feel a pressure pushing against my lungs. If I empty my lungs as much as I can I can hear myself wheeze. There is no coughing, and I dont really feel in pain.... My jaw also feels stiff and sometimes it becomes hard to talk. Did I hurt my lungs due to the cpap? Is it just anxeity? I'm scared. :(
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 42 minutes later
I understand your concern.
I would like to reassure you that you have not injured your lungs with the CPAP machine and what you are currently experiencing is simply excessive anxiety.
The fact that you have been relieved by using a paper bag further points in this direction. I would suggest that you practice XXXXXXX breathing, yoga and meditation to allay your anxiety. This will provide considerable relief. Try and get some sleep. That will also help.
I hope to have answered you. However, any further query is welcome
Thanks and good luck.
Follow-up: Breathlessness, pressure against lungs upon breathing out, no coughing. Did I hurt my lungs due to CPAP? 45 minutes later
Thank you Doctor for answering,

If you say it is simply anxiety, then I will trust you. Although I am curious to know where this pressure is coming from and how it associates with anxiety. Is it a gas? Is this pressure in my stomach or my actual lungs? And is the stiff jaw and hard to speak also part of anxiety?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 56 minutes later
Thanks for getting back.
The kind of problems anxiety can produce is actually startling. It can produce varied symptoms and yes, your jaw stiffness and hard to speak problem could also be related to your anxiety.
Relax and follow the advice I gave you earlier. You will notice considerable relief in 1-2days. It is unlikely that your bloating is because of gas because you would then have a history of such problems and it would eventually go away on its own. At the most, it can be a contributory factor.
I hope I have answered your query.