Breathlessness after intercourse, no chest pain, practising Ayurveda. Am I doing too much?

post coïtus death
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Given that you are physically fit and your cardiovascular status is normal, you can continue with whatever you are doing.
It is normal to get slightly breathless after physical exertion. However, if this exertion is accompanied by discomfort, chest pain or a feeling that something is seriously wrong, I would suggest you see a physician.
A resting heart rate of 60 beats per minute is normal in athletes and it is not something you need to be concerned about.
However, the anxiety part can be controlled with meditation and XXXXXXX breathing exercises. If these don’t help, you may need to see a psychotherapist or psychiatrist.
I hope I have answered your concerns. I shall be available for follow ups.
Warm regards