Breathing problem with chest pain. Echo normal. Abnormal ECG report. Cardiac problem?

Cardiologist, Interventional
i am having chest pain and breathing problem, my ecg report shows abnormal but echo card shows normal. m i having any heart problem? please help
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 20 hours later
Thank you for your query.

I understand that you are a 27 year-old male with chest pain and breathing difficulties. ECG has been reported abnormal and echo is normal.

Whether you have any cardiac problem or not will depend on what exact problems the ECG is showing. Since the echo is normal, there is probably no structural problems with the heart muscle or valves, and the cardiac function is good.

The ECG will tell us about the electrical activity of the heart and if there is any likelihood of ischemia (reduced blood supply to the heart muscle due to blockage of coronary arteries), infarction (due to heart attacks) and abnormal rhythms of the heart.

To be more specific, I need to look at the ECG before I can comment any further. Please upload the scanned copy of the ECG to this website so that I can see the ECG and give you a more specific reply.

Awaiting your response,
With regards,
Dr RS Varma, MD, DM
Consultant Cardiologist