Breathing problem, excessive sweating, increased pulse, granulomas in liver and spleen. Treatment?

resp. w/complications For 2 yrs. I have had trouble breathing.
My health has went downhill in that time.
Here are the facts that I know. I sleep in a hospital bed because of the pressure I feel in my back & the not being able to take a XXXXXXX breath if laying down. My chest CT shows calcified granulomas & lymph nodes. A broncoscopy showed 1 +/- gramstain bac. I was put on antib. for a week. In the 11/2 weeks after I felt good & lost 15lbs. Then it all came back. The weight, swelling, breathing, pain. I believe I may have a systemic infection. Some other things to note:
excessive sweating, bloating, headaches, increased pulse, extreme fatigue, thyroid issues and now a couple lesions on brain. Oh, they have also found granulomas in liver & spleen.
No one is helping, can't seem to put it all together. In the meantime, I feel somedays as if I might die. I also forgot to mention that I found out I'm allergic to Alternaria and dust mites
Posted Thu, 28 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 2 hours later

Thank you very much for posting this question in HCM
Let me tell you that a given medical symptoms can be due to various causes and the basic objective of the treating physician is to find out the exact cause and deal with it. This holds good for patient with a single symptom/ single system involvement. There are patients like you who have multiple systems involved. In these types of cases the main objective of the treating physician is to establish the diagnosis after correlating all the symptoms/ examination findings and deal accordingly.
I have noted all your complaints as well as few investigations that you have posted.
I am sorry i don't know your gender and age.
Based upon the limited information you have posted, the possibilities could be
1. Infective like Tuberculosis
2. Other differentials could be Churg- strauss syndrome,wegener's granulomatosis, sarcoidosis.
All these conditions, I have listed can have the symptoms that you have listed.
You need evaluation in a centre having multidisciplinary facility like Neurology, Rheumatology, Respiratory medicine specialty.
My sincere advice will be to undergo evaluation in a nearby medical centre.
For a definitive diagnosis, you may need biopsy. Your doctors will guide you
Hope this helps

Dr Gopal K Dash

Follow-up: Breathing problem, excessive sweating, increased pulse, granulomas in liver and spleen. Treatment? 1 hour later
thank you for your response. Sorry, I'm a 38 yr. old female. By the way, don't know if it is at all related, but my mother died of thymoma.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 11 hours later
Thank you for the feed back

Autoimmune disorders (which I listed as differentials in my previous reply) may be associated with thymus dysfunction. Please get evaluated at the earliest the way I have described.

Let me in case of any further clarifications...