Breathing heavily while bending and using stairs. May I know the reason for this?

my wife's breathing becomes very heavy when she bends over to do something or she is going up or down a staircase
Posted Thu, 24 Oct 2013 in Heart Failure
Answered by Dr. Sukhvinder Singh 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see details

Detailed Answer:
Respected Sir
A heavy breathing on exertion is not only a feature of heart failure. It may be a representation of a lung disorder, anemia, obesity, kidney disease or valvular heart disease. Since you have not mentioned her profile and pre-existing medical conditions, it is not feasible to throw more light no this.
She definitely needs an assessment by an internist (medical specialist), who may refer her to super-specialist (if required).