Breathing difficulty, fatigue, fainting episodes. Prescribed with Diazepam. Right medication?

Hey Im 25 years 5.4in 60 kg havng the problam of often fanting , from last 4 to 5years had all the medical checkup from top to bottom but nothing any medical problam was there , since 1 week having brething diffeculty n feeling weekness docter gave me dizepam n told to take rest. so please advice me for regarding problam .
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 2 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.

I need following information to help you better:
-Type of test performed and their results
-EEG and and brain imaging findings if had been done
-If this problem started after some stress-or
-Is this fainting episode is associated with tongue bite, injury due to fall, production of loud voices or passage of urine or feaces during spell
-Duration and frequency of fainting spells
-Psychological testing report

Although diazepam and clonafit is helpful in anxiety but do not continue them for long duration because of addiction potential of these medicines.

waiting for your reply,