Breathing difficulty and chest pain after injury, fluttery feeling in the heart. CAT scan showing spots in the lungs. Advice?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
hi, i was in a car accident 6 days ago .we ran into the back of a pick up 60 mph, i was rushed to hospital ,my chest i couldnt breathe my spine , during the examine they did catscan and found spots on my lungs . what ever that means .but since the accident i have had a hard time breathing with pain and now for past day and half i have never experience such burning ,hot to the touch even across my whole chest and it hurts , my heart does this like fast flutter where it has made me faint , shorter breaths .i try to stay calm but this burning is my full chest , please what is wrong with me
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later

The burning sensation all over your chest could be due to a nerve injury or compression due to minor spinal injury or edema after an injury. I'm limited here with the inability to examine you, hence I'll not be able to give you more information regarding the possibilities.

Short breaths with heart flutter might be related to a cardiac problem. You need a careful assessment by your physician for proper diagnosis and further treatment.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.