Breastfeeding child, got pregnant again and took Mefipristone. Should I continue feeding?

Pediatrician
Question
iam breastfeeding my child .. i got pregnant again and i have taken mt pill .. can i continue feeding my kid
Posted Sun, 27 Oct 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
relax

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I understand your concern.
There is no data suggesting excretion of mefipristone into breast milk.
But since effects on infants is not clearly known I suggest you to withold breastfeeding for couple of days to be on safe side.
Till that time give formula milk with spoon and in case bottle is to be given sterilisation is to be taken care of.

Hope I have answered your query,in case you have any further question I would be glad to help.

Wishing your baby good health.

God bless..

Follow-up: Breastfeeding child, got pregnant again and took Mefipristone. Should I continue feeding? 17 minutes later
thank you mam but my child is one yr old and he does not go to sleep without feeding.. i gave solids and formula milk but he keeps on crying until i feed him.
will he have any side effec of the tablet i took

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 4 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up.

If he is one year old than there is nothing to worry since he is taking it only during sleep.

Hope it helps.

Take care..

Follow-up: Breastfeeding child, got pregnant again and took Mefipristone. Should I continue feeding? 4 minutes later
thank you mam.. so since he is one yr old ..i can continue feeding him ..i was worried whether the tablet will effect him any ways..plz clarify

Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
relax

Detailed Answer:
Thanks again.

Relax,there is nothing to worry as there are no documented side effects. As I already mentioned we are cautious in infants who are exclusively breast fed.

In your case he is only taking during sleeping so be relaxed.

God bless...