Breastfeeding, can I take DUB-5 to delay periods?

can my wife take Dub 5 to dealy occurance of monthly periods. she is breastfeeding our 1 year old son as well.
Posted Thu, 28 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes she can use DUB-5 Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. DUB-5 contains norethisterone. She can use it to delay her periods without much affect on her breast feeding. She will have to start taking it three times a day at least 5 days before the date of her expected periods. This needs to be continued as long as she wants the periods to be delayed. After she stops the medicine, she will have her periods on next 72 hours. There might be a slight irregular spotting around the time of her expected periods. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Breastfeeding, can I take DUB-5 to delay periods? 5 minutes later
any side effects of sub 5 doctor?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 28 minutes later
Brief Answer: Well tolerated side effects. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. When used for short term, the common side effects are nausea, vomiting, headache, weight gain, breast tenderness, diarrhea, dizziness, etc. All these side effects will subside as soon she stops taking the medicine. These are mild side effects and are well tolerated. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow-up: Breastfeeding, can I take DUB-5 to delay periods? 4 minutes later
thanks doctor. wish you a happy diwali.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: Same to you. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you. I am glad I could help. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL Please accept my answer in case there are no further queries and recommend our services to your friends too if you have found it helpful. I wish you the very best in whatever you do. Warm regards