Breastfeeding baby. No periods. Had unsafe sex. What are the chances of pregnancy?

I gave birth to a baby 5 months back. I am Doing breast feeding to my baby. Till now I didn't get periods. 3 or 4 days back, I had unsafe sex with my husband. I am not ready for one more baby. What are chances of pregnancy? How can I prevent pregnancy?

Thanks & best regards
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
After three months of delivery, unsafe sex can lead to pregnancy even if you are breast feeding. To avoid such a happening, you can use condoms along with spermicidal gels. You can use Gynol, Encare, Conceptrol, Crinone or Advantage S according to your convenience.
Other methods of contraception that you can use are- multiload intrauterine contraceptive device like mirena coil or minipill- only progesterone oral contraceptive pills.
Kindly get yourself examined by a Gynecologist and you can discuss various Contraception options with her. Your Doctor should take a call on which option suits you better after examining you.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.