Breastfeeding. Had sex, touched vagina and breast. Concerned if baby sucked the vaginal fluid. Is it harmful?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013

Pediatrician
Question
Dear Dr, I am currently breastfeeding but during sex with my husband, he touched my vagina and then fondled my breast. I forgot to clean my breast then fed my baby a few hours later. I am concerned that my baby sucked vaginal fluid. Can this harm him? Should I take him to my Dr?
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Chance of harm is less. Get him for examination.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Most of the pathogenic organisms will not survive in external environment like vaginal fluid because of drying of fluids.

As you fed the child a few hours after sex, the chance of transmission of infection to the child is very less.

Do you and your husband have any history of gynecological infections? Please provide the details in your next follow up query.

Take the child to pediatrician for clinical examination including oral cavity and further advice.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know along with the details I have asked.

Regards.

Follow-up: Breastfeeding. Had sex, touched vagina and breast. Concerned if baby sucked the vaginal fluid. Is it harmful? 2 hours later
Thank you for your advice. Neither my husband nor I have any gyneacological problems or infecton.

When you say take him for oral examination, what is the Dr meant to be checking for?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Checking for redness, ulcers in oral cavity.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for getting back.

It is good that you and your husband don't have any infections or problems related to genital or gynecological parts.

I suggested for clinical examination of his oral cavity and throat by pediatrician to look for any redness, congestion, or ulcers which are the signs of any infection.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.