Breastfeeding. Had excessive vomiting and was given Pansec, Emeset, Buscopan and ringer lactate. Suggest?

Dear Sir,

I had excessive vomiting last night and I was given PANSEC IV (40 gm),Emeset INJ (2 ml),Buscopan In (1 ml) and Ringer Lactate .I am a nursing mother.I had breastfed my 4 month old baby after four hours of taking this medication.The doctor who was on duty said it is pretty to breast feed after this.Now I am quite anxious whether it was safe for me to breast feed my baby after four hours.Please advise me in this regard.

Posted Sat, 27 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 5 hours later

Thanks for posting query.

The IV injections and drip given have no gross contraindications while breast feeding. It does not have any serious effects on child while breastfeeding. So do not worry.

Take plenty of water to prevent dehydration and helping excretion of residue of drug fast.

I hope, I answered your query to your satisfaction.
If you have further query or clarification, please ask.