Breast tightness, increased prolactin levels, milky secretion after taking Levosulpiride. Should drug be discontinued?

Hello Doctor!

I have been prescribed Happy L (salt Rabeprazole sodium + Levosulpiride) after an episode of severe gastritis, headache and acidity. The course is for 2 weeks. Previously i was successfully treated for mild antral gastritis with Raciper.The symptoms have come down significantly from the first dose itself.

However as a side effect of Levosulpiride i am facing breast tightness and increased prolactin levels with milky white secretions. Should i discontinue the drug or take it for another fours days as prescribed to complete the course. No other side effect so far.

Posted Wed, 21 Aug 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 20 minutes later
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.
Galactorrhea is a side effect of levosupiride. But not a serious side effect.
You can continue it for the remaining 4 days.

In the future when you have similar symptoms, take an alternative medication and do tell your doctor about this side effect.

I hope that answers your question.
If you have no more questions, kindly rate this service.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini