Breast pain while having sex, hard lump when pressed. Symptom of any problem?

Now a days I observed I will have breast pain while having sex. I feel some solid thing when I touch hard. The pain is mainly observed when my period is nearing. Is this symptom for any problem?
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 8 hours later

I am medical doctor, an associate in Department of General Surgery, working with an experienced Surgeon. I answer on his behalf.

The problem you have is a common one, the mass could be a nodule or a lobule of the breast hypertrophied (overgrown and condensed) .This Hypertrophied mass since becomes more prominent during premenstrual days indicates clearly that it responds to the hormones.

Such masses or nodules are not serious and can be treated with medical treatment.But there is a need for it to be examined and tested by special imaging techniques to be sure it is not cancer.

Do consult a Gynaecologist who can perform an hand on examination and order for a Mammogram which will for sure rule out cancer.Once when medical treatment is initiated , the mass disappears within few weeks.

Hope I answered your query.

Please do ask if you have any doubts.