Breast pain shooting up to ear, pain in head, pain in carotid arteries. What is it?

Jun 2013
I have had sharp pain in my right breast shooting up to my right ear three times in the past two hours. What can this be?
In Recent months I have had pain in my carotid arteries and pains in my head. I am in good health otherwise. I am also having Mild pain in my left jaw. This happens occasionally. I know I need to check with my neurologist but this sharp pain has just started and has me scared.
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 49 minutes later
Hi there,

I understand that you have a history of A-fib that has been corrected by ablation and a fully recovered stroke and currently on xeralto for the same for preventive purposes (prophylaxis). Currently you are having sharp pain in your right breast that is shooting in nature and goes up to your right ear at times. I think this might be a flag for you to get yourself tested again and have carotid doppler sonogram. This is especially so since you have had pain in your carotid arteries and pain in your hands, both of which are indicators that you may have had small ischemic changes resulting in the pain conditions. I suggest that you head out straight to the emergency department to get yourself checked up completely and have no stone left unturned, with getting a CT scan of your head as well. An echocardiogram may also be in place.

I hope this helps and you take action on my suggestions. Take care and have a lovely day !