Breast grown large. Should I go for breast reduction?

May 2013
My breasts have grown very large over the past couple of years. i had always worn a B cup bra but now need a FF or G. I have not put on very much weight - it is just my breasts that have got large. My underbust measurement is 31" and my overbust varies between 39 and 40". Do you think I am a good candidate for breast reduction and are my breasts likely to keep growing?
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

the usual causes for growth of breasts are,

-genetic influence: sometimes genetics influence the breast size,

-hormonal influence: breast size will increase due to the effect of estrogen, as in puberty, pregnancy, lactation etc,
and also can happen in other situations where estrogen raises like in some women with poly cystic ovarian disease,

-it can also occur due to some of the medication like anti psychotic drugs, anabolic steroids etc.

-sometimes benign causes of breast like fibrocystic disease etc can cause increased size of breast,

so you better once consult gynecologist get examined to confirm the possible cause for your breast enlargement then treatment can be taken first to stop the growth then once size stabilizes you can go for reduction if you want and your doctor suggests.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Follow-up: Breast grown large. Should I go for breast reduction? 29 minutes later
Would breasts the size of mine be considered very large? They are very wide and protrude out from the side of my body quite noticeably and i concerned that I need such a huge cup size. Is growing from a B cup to a G cup in 2 years a very fast growth rate?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

if breast size increased to that much in the absence of pregnancy, lactation, contraceptive pill intake or increased body weight that should be because of some underlying cause as I told before,

your breast size is certainly somewhat large, so even if you take treatment now without treating underlying problem that size may again increase and also if the cause treated the size may decrease to some extent,
so you better consult gynecologist and undergo examination to find out the cause and take treatment for that, after that can think of reduction of size.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.