Breast feeding. Can I take vertin?

My wife has been asked to take vertin 16 2times daily for five days. But at the same time she is breast feeding our 23 months old boy. Is it safe for the baby?
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 56 minutes later
Hello sir,
I have noted your complaints.

The most important thing to note is the indication of Vertin. Generally it is recommended to treat balance disorders. You have to note that there are so many types of balance disorders. If it is due to paroxysmal positional vertigo, one need not be on this medicine. Simple exercises will help.

So I advise you to check with your doctor regarding the exact need of this medicine
The safety of this medicine in pregnancy and lactation is not established
It is recommended with special precaution in pregnancy and lactation

I will advise you to check with your doctor regarding the exact need of Vertin and as per as possible try to avoid.
Hope this helps

Dr Gopal Krishna Dash