Breast exam revealed small soft mobile cyst. Ultrasound showed no cyst. Did they miss?

My ob said my breast exam was normal but felt a small soft mobile cyst at the base of my breast. I went to have a ultra sound for my own piece of mind and they scanned that area and just saw normal breast tissue. Did they miss it? Or can normal tissue feel like small mobile cysts?
Also I finished breast feeding on nov 26 2012. And on tht side she was still able to express a little bit of white milk. She said that was normal . Menstral cycle is also normal .
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 9 days later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Occasionally as physicians we feel some abnormalities in the breast which might feel like a cyst or sometimes even a mass.

The ultrasound helps the radiologist look at the area of concern to determine if this is solid tissue or if it might be some type of cyst or growth. In young healthy females such as yourself the consistency of the breast tissue changes over time related to your hormone levels.

I would not consider any additional imaging studies or tests at this time.

Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr Galamaga