Breast cancer,masectomy,chemotherapy,mogadon

Hello, I have brestcancer - mastectomy and next week chemo starts. Can I combine this with a little mogadon to be less nervous? Regards from Marja from The Netherlands and thank you for answering.
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Breast Cancer
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later

I can understand your anxiety.

Mogadon is a good anti-anxiety agent and can be safely used with chemotherapy cycles.

It is better if you inform your treating doctor about the simultaneous use of mogadon as it might increase the metabolism of chemotherapeutic drugs slightly by inducing the liver enzymes.

The treating doctor will then adjust the doses accordingly.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful.

Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.