Breast augmentation done. Getting rashes on neck and shoulders, itchy rashes. Should I get worried?

Hi I just had my second breast aug a week ago and a couple days
After I started to get a rash on my neck and shoulders
And on my stomach. Only slightly itchy it's almost like a heat rash
Should I worry my ps didn't seem to worried he said, "oh looks like an allergy to something should go away.
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 21 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
It will be great if you mention is there any history of allergies like have you come across something that he usually won't or have you recently changed his soap / shampoo or powder that might be responsible.
your symptoms are suggestive of contact dermatitis, a itchy rash caused by things your skin touches, such as: cosmetics, soaps, and detergents, dyes and other chemicals in clothing, rubber gloves, shampoos, antibiotics such as neomycin rubbed on the surface of the skin or any plants.
Treatment includes washing with lots of water to remove any traces of the irritant that may remain on the skin. You should avoid further exposure to known irritants or allergens. In some cases, the best treatment is to do nothing to the area.
Emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again. They are a key part of preventing and treating contact dermatitis.
Even the above mentioned measures will cover the heat rash, along with that apply cold compresses such as a towel dampened with cool water to the affected skin, or take a cool bath. Apply aloe or moisturizing cream to the affected skin. Avoid products containing alcohol, which can further dry out skin.
To prevent future episodes of heat rash, use sunscreen frequently and liberally. Select a broad spectrum product, one that provides protection against both ultraviolet A (UVA) and ultraviolet B (UVB) radiation and with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps.
As you have been examined by the consulting physician i don't think you need to worry much.
Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.
Follow-up: Breast augmentation done. Getting rashes on neck and shoulders, itchy rashes. Should I get worried? 9 minutes later
Thank you very much and yes they did use things to clean my skin the day of the surgery. Possibly this could have been the problem. Thank you
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Good to hear from you.

You are welcome.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.
Wish you good health