Breakouts on legs, not itchy, dry skin. What is this?

Hi, I have been getting breakouts on my legs for quite some time now. little red spots but they are not itchy. Every day I seem to have new ones.I also have a small circular rash on the arch of my left foot.It feels like little blisters and the skin is very dry. I have very pale skin so have been putting it down to sensitive skin up until now but I would really like some advice as to what this is and how to stop it.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later
Dear patient,
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Red spots on legs can be purpura, vasculitis, urticaria , scaumburgs disease etc.
Its quite difficult to reach a diagnosis with just the history.
Various factors like allergy to some footwear, socks etc; long hours of sitting with legs hanging or standing ; systemic infection in body etc all can lead to such a clinical picture .
A detailed history and examination by a qualified dermatologist is a must for reaching a diagnosis.

Dr.Rohit Batra