Breakout on face and body. Taken steroid shot. What could be the cause for outbreak?

I will get these breakout, all over my face and body.Normally around fall and winter season. It would not go away unless I go to the ER ,to get a steroid short. What do you think is the cause of these breakout?
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about the repeated breakouts you get around fall/winter that only responds to steroids. I can understand your frustration and hope we get to the root of this to better address and prevent any future break outs.

From the information you have provided, seasonal and responds to steroids, this is classically suggestive of an allergy. With changes in season, some environmental components become more pronounced. The difficult part is to identify what changes or new additions could be responsible for this. Carefully walk through your environment and make a list of the great changes that occur and try to figure out what could be responsible for this. Unless we identify, exclude or limit exposure if possible, we may not be able to adequately escape this from happening.

In all, Ii will suggest that you get consulted by an allergologist for a closer scrutiny to help identify and prevent future break outs.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you for using our services and please, feel free to ask for more information if need be. I wish you you well and above all, good health.
Dr. Ditah, MD