Brain hemorrhage due to high BP. Was eating and talking well. Very weak, unable to eat. Taking medicines for BP control

My collegue's father have got brain hamrage last week due to high BP 240 and was discharged yesterday , During hospital he was eating and talking well but after discharge, at home he is not able to eat even 2 spoons of rice, and becoming very weak and repeatedly having high fever. Kindly guide , Phone : 0000 / 0000, rght now he is undergoing BP control medicines and at present his BP is 150
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 1 hour later
Thanks for the query,
I understand your problem
Your friend's father developed bleeding in the brain mostly due to high and uncontrolled blood pressure. Uncontrolled blood pressure in this age the cause for bleeding in the brain. The current problem, I mean the fever and inability to eat could be related to infections. Patients with stroke are susceptible to various infections like lungs, urine etc. This needs to be treated so that he will improve. Further, he needs regular physiotherapy and control of blood pressure. You need to consult your local neurologist who will guide you through clinical evaluation and treatment.

Hope this helps
Let me know if I can help you any way
Best wishes