Brain aneurysms, emphysema, CT scan showed calcified aorta, pulse in legs. Family history of atherosclerosis. Any idea?

My sand has severe CAD, history of aborted sudden cardiac death, endarerectomy, that is narrowed again. Bypasses x give all occluded with one graft completely dying.Four BMS in two cardiac arteries. He just had bilateral iliac stents with atherectomy of four bofutofications. He now has pulse in feet and legs
Found two small aneurysms in brain. He has advanced emphysema. He continues to smoke and drink excessively. Is he not a time bomb? His docs don't say anything. Sister died at thirty two from atherosclerosis, his mother at fifty three, father at sixty give. Ct with contrast showed aorta was calcified around the artery and the opening was not clear but translucent with soft plaque. Any idea when I should be prepared for his death? He still goes to work but doesn't work. Should he be driving? I'm afraid he will kill someone.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello and thanks for the query.
There is no doubt that that with bad family history and with very bad cardiovascular status with emphysema,along with heavy smoking and drinking is just like sitting on a time bomb.
He should be counselled to reduce alcohol and quit smoking.
Ideally with such medical condition,he should not drive.
Keep a regular date with your doctor.
I hope you understand everything and you are welcome to ask anything,if you wish.
Death is a godly intervention and something which a human being can't predict.
Thanks and best of luck.