Brain MRI showed small ischemic foci in left parietal white matter. What does this mean?

Question
sir, what is the meaning of "small ischemic foci in left parietal white matter" in brain mri imprression
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 41 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern

Please note that MRI changes in the brain need to be correlated with clinical findings. The changes that you have described can be seen in persons with diabetes and high blood pressure. You need to control your blood sugar and blood pressure. If you do not have symptoms of pain, weakness of the right side, you do not have worry about these findings and if the MRI was done for some other indications.

Hope this clarifies
Please get back to me in case you have any other concern

Follow-up: Brain MRI showed small ischemic foci in left parietal white matter. What does this mean? 7 hours later
sir due to headache and stress i am suffering basing on mri brain my doctor advi
sed me tab; migo 10mg daily at bed time is it sufficient and any risk is there?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 24 hours later
Go ahead with your doctor's advice. You will be OK. Do not worry about the MRI.
Best wishes