Brain MRI showed dark area in hemisphere. What are the treatment available to cure this?

I had an MRI last year after experiencing some numbness and odd pains.. Results where neg for ms and stroke but showed a 'Dark area' in the right hemisphere of my brain.. I was told that it is not all that uncommen but it was still uknown. And because they dont know what it is they cant do anything about it....... My Question is, If it is NOT so uncommon why is there no testing of symptoms / lifestyle / medical history and psychology being undertaken?? I for one would be very willing to share my head space, body and history for some answer.. There must be others too....
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 10 hours later

Thanks for the query,

I understand your concern. But please note that any radiological findings are to be correlated with clinical data. A findings is considered insignificant if they do not match patient's clinical history. Your current symptoms do not match the MRI findings and moreover I believe you are asymptomatic now - perhaps this is the reason your doctors are not concerned.

The right sided MRI finding could even be a normal finding; example - a prominant Virchow's space.
I advise you not to worry if you do not have any other symptom except the worry due to MRI result.

As far as testing is concerned, Yes, there are test which can provide clues as to what this dark area could be. Detailed clinical history and other tests like lumbar puncture, blood test, neuropsychological test, etc., are used to demonstrate neurological problem. I am sure your doctors would have considered these options. If you are not satisfied with the way you been evaluated, I would suggest you to visit a medical university hospital to get things clarified.

Hope this clarifies. I will be pleased to comment further if you can be able to upload the MRI films and reports here.

Best wishes