Brain CT scan, cyst, bleed across forehead, low BP, headaches. Suggest.

General Surgeon
my nephew has just had a brain ct scan and they found a cyst he is in hospital now they saw a bleed across his forehead , after 4 days the headaches have not gotten any better his bloodpressure is not the best about 100/70 on average his heartrate is low and he can not stand any light and not too much noise he does not want to eat or get out of bed he is 14 and was born about a month early , he has complained of his head hurting to his class mates but has not sais this to his parents , at 1st we thought that he had a knock to the head at his rugby game but after talkng to many people that where there on the day no one saw him get hit and he dosent recall being hit either , we are concerned that the doctors at the hospital are not taking his condition seriously enough
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Head Injuries
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 2 hours later
     As your are not confirmed of head injury & there is no concrete finding in the CT scan to suggest heads injury .There is a cyst but the report don`t mention type and size of cyst.there can be many type of cyst.Cyst is a space occupying lesion that causes pressure on other part of brain or some times swelling around .second thing reported is haematoma ,but you have not mentioned the exact size and site & location of can be in the sub arachnoid space ,sub dural or extra dural .again hematoma being a space occupying lesion causes pressure on the other part of brain .All these can present with different sign & symptoms like headache,photo phobia and fluctuating BP or pulse rates .In my opinion first on should try with conservative treatment if patient condition remains stable any neurological defect neither appear or increase .If hematoma increases in size ,patients neurological deficit increases,surgical intervention can be considered .Response to treatment varies from patient to patient. It may take some time.
‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”