Brachy therapy caused scar and pain in scrotum. Have blocked penis and enlarged lymph gland in groin. Had biopsy

My partner had brackie theraphy three years agao and in the last six months has experienced terrible pain in the scrotum caused by scaring from the therephy. His penis is blocked and he has a pubic catherta to use. His latest problem in the lymph gland in his groin which is the size of two fingers and we are waiting for the biopsy results. I have asked if the lympth glad has to be removed will the pain and burning in the enlarged scrotum which is the size of a large orange red raw and burning. Can you help?
No I am unable to submit any further.
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 6 days later
Brief Answer:
Use of antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Your partner is experiencing epididymorchitis secondary to brachytherapy and recurrent catheter. The enlarged lymph node is probably because of the infection. However, a biopsy is a must to rule out the recurrence of malignancy.

Removing the lymph node will not help the pain or burning. He needs to be on antibiotics and hopefully the infection settles down. However, if it worsens then the testis as well as inflamed scrotum may have to be removed.

Rajiv goel
Follow-up: Brachy therapy caused scar and pain in scrotum. Have blocked penis and enlarged lymph gland in groin. Had biopsy 44 hours later
Thank you for your reply. He sees the Urologist on monday 19th and they will probably confirm what you say. My partner is taking morphine for pain and he sleeps most of the time and is wakeful at night. He finds traveling in the car very uncomfortable. He is unable to sit in a chair or seat because of the discomfort. The blood test PSI indicate 2.1
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 3 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
The best treatment for him at this point of time is actually bed rest. Also make him wear scrotal support to keep the testis supported.

Let us know what the doctor says.

All the best.

Rajiv goel