Bowel system has changed and feeling discomfort in stomach. Suggest?

hi dr.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Gastric symptoms; stop alcohol; tumor chances lowl

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Your symptoms match a gastric condition which could be either a simple infection (due to consumption of contaminated food or water), or conditions like ulcers, increased acid production, acid reflux disease, etc. If you do not mind, could you describe the exact location of the discomfort you are feeling (left or right side; upper, middle or lower abdomen; pains after a meal or just before it; etc). This will be helpful, thank you.

Do not worry sir, a benign tumor is one which has not spread and can easily be treated and successfully excised (removed surgically). I am sure this will not recur. You also have to option of monitoring the adrenal gland with a sonography (ultrasound), to check for any recurrences; although that is unlikely.

Yes sir, it is best you avoid the consumption of alcohol as this can irritate the inner lining of your gastrointestinal tract and result in conditions like ulcers.

An endoscopy would be an ideal procedure, but it depends on the location of your discomfort; in your case mostly an esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD).

Hope this helps sir. Do write back to me for any further clarifications.

Take care and god bless.
Follow-up: Bowel system has changed and feeling discomfort in stomach. Suggest? 1 hour later
hi Dr.

thanks for your answer about my query

i dont have pain but am feeling itching type inside the right hand side and middle of the stomach.and am feeling some irritation inside the stomach.

also am feeling to go for toilet after my meals

thanking you
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ulcer or intestinal problem

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again XXXXXXX

Since when have you been experiencing these symptoms of passing your bowels after a meal, discomfort in right and middle abdomen, etc?

From the information you just provided, I would attribute such a presentation to either duodenal ulcers or esophagogastroduodenoscopy and colonoscopy to find the exact cause, I am sure these investigations will be more than enough.

Hope this helped.

Take care sir.