Bowel discomfort, painful urination, hands tingling, swollen lymph nodes, blood test normal, had sexual incident

Jan 2013

I had a sexual incident on april 30 or maybe a couple days earlier and on 15 to 18 may 2012. In thailand. First incident I had skin irritation and condom broke the girl tested negative for HIV. Second incident was unprotected oral sex couldnt see blood but saw abrasion on my penis.

I had HIV DUO TESTS and also std test on 21 XXXXXXX 2012 and 29 XXXXXXX 2012.

All came back negative.

My symptoms started on XXXXXXX 10. It started with wet poop for a couple of days that went away. Also I had some flashing feeling in my eye sight like blinking images. Lightheaded when standing up.

Than XXXXXXX 14 I felt a swollen lymphnode in my neck 2cm to 1cm by 0,5 to 0,8cm. Than during that night I felt an upcoming lump in my throat. I could drink water and eat food but it felt like a lump in my throat. And I had to scrape and you could see a lot of mucilage.
Than the same night I got awake and felt sweaty. I also noticed I had swollen lymphnodes in my groin like 5 smaller ones and sometimes theres one 1cm by 0,3cm one.
The following days I developed rash. Fever feeling. No fever temperature. Malaise. Also got a sore throat when I went outside to do the doctor. Muscle more weak than usual. Fatigue. Stings in bones. Feeling like nothing was real. Dry lips. Mouth ulcers. Itchy feeling.

I asked the doctor about my lymphnode but they were not concerned...
Than I got tested on and the symptoms got away a little bit. Lump in throat stayed. Swollen lymphnodes stayed. Feeling like nothing is real stayed. Stings in bones stayed I think. Malaise. Itchy feeling over my body. Dry lips. LIGHTHEADED. Fatigue.!

I also did a normal bloodtest on XXXXXXX 21 but it came back normal.

Than went a couple of days to the camper of a friend of mine. This was last week.
We drank some alcohol.
Than last week I had a day were I had stings in my bowel on the left side near my bladder. During that day I sometimes couldnt even walk straight vertically. Than went to play european football and the feeling got a little bit milder. Went to the doctor the same day and he said it seemed like nothing is going on. I told him about my testing etc.

I now still have a weird feeling in my bowel and sometimes peeing hurt a little bit. Also more tingling in hands than usual.

Than yesterday I went to the doctor again and this a other doctor. I told her my lymphnodes were still there. I gave blood for bloodtesting for Epstein–Barr virus and something else and toxoplasmosis.

What should I do?

Should I go to the doctor again today and ask if she can refer me to the hospital for some scans? I cant wait this long one week I am not productive at all and just lay in my bed. Im too afraid to do anything.

I also now have got a weird feeling on the right side of my face.

Feels bit numb

Posted Tue, 21 Aug 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 59 minutes later
There is least chances of HIV as your blood test for HIV is negative.
Symptoms and enlargement of lymph nodes with rash suggest some sort of viral infection in which you may have malaise, myalgia, bone bone and weird feeling.
This viral infection is not related with HIV as HIV causes all its symptoms once immune system is compromised and AIDS has already been developed.
Have you undergone complete blood count? What was the value of WBC and differential count?
You should wait for the reports of blood test done for toxoplasmosis and EB virus.
If these test are also normal then you should go for FNAC of lymph nodes or excision biopsy of lymph nodes.
In my opinion you shouldn't take risk during sex and go for protected sex. If your partner is in window period and her HIV test is negative, still there is chances of getting infection. So its better to do protected sex.
Put your query if you have.
You should also consult with physician.
You shouldn't bother about HIV in present scenario as your HIV test is negative.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Bowel discomfort, painful urination, hands tingling, swollen lymph nodes, blood test normal, had sexual incident 8 minutes later

Thank you.
Symptoms from HIV can occur in the beginning called ARS.
However my main concern now is cancer. It was HIV before but tests were negative.
I didnt want to have unprotected sex I had a condom but it broke.

I think my WBC counts value were 4,8 and 5,2 x109 last month.

However my doctor told me there were no signs of infection last month and that scares me most.

I dont think its EBV or Toxoplasmosis so I would like to go to the hospital ASAP for tests. Or does a week not really matter that much?

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 8 minutes later
Although symptoms may occur in form of ARS but HIV test must be positive.
For cancer, you should go for FNAC of lymph nodes or excision biopsy of lymph nodes.
Most of the viral infections are self control in nature and if condition is little bit better then you can go recommended test next week.
Let me know your views.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Bowel discomfort, painful urination, hands tingling, swollen lymph nodes, blood test normal, had sexual incident 13 minutes later

Thanks again
But would you wait for the bloodtest to come back first
Or go today for FNAC or excirsion biopsy

I dont want to waste time

Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 12 minutes later
You should wait for the blood test, then you should go for further test.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava