Borderline left axis deviation. ECG done. Should I be worried?

Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
I am a 62 year old female. Recently had ECG done at a HeartReach mobile lab. I weigh 121lbs. The ECG showed Borderline left axis deviation and Sinus rhythm 75. The test said otherwise normal ecg. Is this anything to be concerned with? Thanks!
Posted Wed, 11 Jul 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.
I am a cardiologist and read your mail with diligence.

Left axis deviation in this age occurs in association with LVH or as first sign of Left Ventricular Hypertrophy, I would recommend to get your blood pressure checked tow three times and exclude that. If you had been clinically examined in last 2-3 years and your heart auscultation had been normal, I would not worry at all about this anomaly and keep it for records.

With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover
Cardiologist

Follow-up: Borderline left axis deviation. ECG done. Should I be worried? 12 hours later
Thanks so much! May I aske another question? I went to a doctor 1.5 years ago because I was taking my own blood pressure with a wrist cuff and it was in the high range 90-140+ most of the time and higher when I was under stress. She put me on 5 mg Amlodipine. It keeps it in a more normal range most of the time except when I'm under stress it still goes up above the 90-140+ range. Is this normal when a person is on blood pressure medicine? When I went in for my 6 month blood pressure check up, it was normal in her office, so I didn't say anything about it being higher other times.

Thanks again!

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 58 minutes later

No when a person is put on blood pressure medication the aim is it should preferably be as close to 120/80 mm Hg and almost never above 140/90. Some exception like extreme stress I am not counting but if routine stress of day to day life raises your BP above 90 mm Hg Diastolic then it is abnormal. I would urge you to see your doctor who will most likely another drug to present regime.

With Best Wishes.
Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD(Internal Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Borderline left axis deviation. ECG done. Should I be worried? 1 hour later
Thank you so much!
XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 8 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Very Good Morning from where I am to Have a nice day or what is left of it to where you are. Good Luck. Please close the query with comments.

Thank you.
With Best Wishes. Write to me whenever you want.

Dr Anil Grover

WWW.WWWW.WW