Borderline diabetic. Getting foamy urine and bowel movement after eating. Should I be worried?

my meds are tekturna hct 300-12.5,livalo2mg,asprin81mg, omega-0000mg
i go to the bathroom about 600am every morning. i walk a mile, and come home have breakfast oatmeal,water, sometimes coffee, or fruit. directly after eating i have to go to the bathroom; its not a solid bowel movement; looks yellowish like sand.i am borderline diabetic with glucose levels ave88-120. my weight is always between 185-188lbs.i dont have acid reflux but every morning i have to scrape my tounge. i have thi fomy urine when i urinate.
Posted Sun, 3 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

I will try to work on your query now.

The description sounds normal for a 63 yrs old who is on medication. The lifestyle that you follow can bring in healthy outcome.

Scraping the tongue in the morning is a healthy habit and recommended by oral surgeons and physicians. Thin foam in the urine while you pass it is normal. If you are concerned about the foamy urine and recent onset then you better get 24 hour urine for protein and serum creatinine. Blood sugar is very good. The consistency and color of the stool are varied and does not specify any particular disease.

Let me try to understand if you have any specific queries to address.
Follow-up: Borderline diabetic. Getting foamy urine and bowel movement after eating. Should I be worried? 1 hour later
thanks, so i should not be worried about the build up on my tounge? and a gastrointesnal problem?
Thanks in advance
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
GERD implies acid reflux into the mouth. The acid reacts with the alkaline fluid and cause caustic coating. It forms nidus to the growth of pathogens. However cleaning the tongue is always a good practice.

Hope this helps. If you do not have further enquiry you may close the discussion and rate it.