Borderline ECG, suggestive of ischemia. Had spine surgery. Want to have surgery to remove implants

Cardiologist, Interventional
HELP NOW! Having surgery 2/28/2010 to remove implants. I have no other medical problems and my blood work came back fine. No symptoms. The recent ECG came back borderline today with (Sinus rhythm. Lateral ST-T changes are nonspecific, Inferior ST-T changes suggestive of ischemia). Had spine surgery 19 months ago with an ECG reading:
Vent Rate: 81 bpm
RR interval 735
PR Interval 130
QRS Duration 80
QT interval 380
QTc interval 416
QT Dispersion 76
P-R-T 75 42 -12

New ECG Reading:
Vent rate 84
RR 712
P 98
QRS 78
PR 128
QT 370
QTcH 412
QTd 84
Axes 74 QRS 64 T 14

My MD said there was no change and approved the surgery but I am a bit concerned.
I have been extremely anxious from having spine surgery 19 months ago and now another surgery. PANIC!
Posted Fri, 4 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 2 hours later
Hello Mrs. XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query.

Generally inferolateral minimal ST depression is a common ECG finding and if you have had it for 2yrs it is obviously benign reason or non ischemic in origin.

If it is is due ischemia or blockage in artery by now it should have progressed and you would have been symptomatic.

If an MD has examined and cleared you for surgery I don't really see any reason for you to be concerned. Dont get carried away by the computer generated report and your ECg is essentially normal.

Hope this information helps you. Please write back if you have additional concerns.

Wishing you safe surgery and speedy recovery.

Best regards.