Booked for spinal cord stimulator after failed facectetomy. Having chronic pain. Suggestions?

i am booked in for a spinal cord stimulator for a l4 l5prolapsed disc after failed facectetomy 4yrs ago I am wondering if this is better for chronic pain or look for a surgeont o do a spinal fusion i have ha

d foot pain12/10 painlevels for 8 years now
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 2 hours later

I empathize with you regarding the pain you are suffering since 8 years. I do know that spinal problems cause great worry, pain, and pins and needles. I am sorry about that.

like yours. It does provide long-term patient satisfaction in the form of improved quality of life and relief from pain. However, the patients chosen for this therapy are carefully selected, since it requires a lot of patient understanding and compliance.

If you can understand this and proceed further, it is definitely going to work for you.

You have already had a failed surgery of facets. You should try the SCS option now, alongside in consultation of your treating doctor.

In the long run, you should benefit with the SCS.

In my view, a second surgery now is not a good option.

Hope this helps you. Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.