Bone pain, fatigue, loss of appetite, stinging in eyes, cold body temperature. Bone pain due to leukemia ?

Hi, I have had bone pain for the last 2 months & is getting worse, especially at night, i am also suffering with fatigue, loss of appetite, & a slight increase of temperature acompanied with stinging eyes a feeling of being cold & not able to get warm like I am about to come down with the flu,
When i wake in the morning I don't have the temperature or the flu like simptons just the horible dull aching bones, fatugue & lack of appetite!
I dont want to bother my GP with this as, like I stated the flu like symptoms come & go, my friend said I must, as pain in the bone can indicate leukimia, should I bother?
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Neelam Pawar 34 minutes later

Please do not be panic.
As you have mentioned that you had repeated attacks of fever along with loss of appetite and mild increase of temperature, and bone pain so it is better to consult your general physician .Donot ignore flu to be simple one and donot think that by sharing and discussing your problems with your physician you will bother him/her.
Physician are there to diagnose and treat you and you have to tell the details to them so that they can go for REQUIRED AND RELEVANT investigation.
Consult your physician and go for hematological investigation that is detailed blood investigation like
Complete blood count
Total leucocyte count
ESR(Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate)
Peripheral smear to rule out any infectious cause and malignancy.

You have not mentioned about your weight whether it is same or it is decreasing,where exactly you are having bone pain over chest,or over hands,back,legs.Are there any reddish patches over your body which keeps on coming and going
It may be possible that you are having anemia and you are having fatigue because of it.Leukemia does have repeated fevers,weight loss,fatigue along with repeated systemic infection,reddish bruises or patches over body.chest pain but these symptoms come late only.
After your systemic examination only relevant diagnosis can be made so it is consult your family physician first as soon as possible for you.

take care ,eat lot of XXXXXXX vegetables and have healthy diet and healthy living lifestyle.
Please feel free to share any problem or query .
Follow-up: Bone pain, fatigue, loss of appetite, stinging in eyes, cold body temperature. Bone pain due to leukemia ? 1 hour later
I have bone pain in my hands, wrists, arms sholder blades & ocasionally in my thighs, does this make any difference? I do not my have red patches I have lost a bit of weight but not a substancial amount.
Answered by Dr. Neelam Pawar 10 hours later

Its good that your weight is fine and as you are having pain in some small joint so possibly its some inflammatory disorder. So it is better consult your physician.

Have a healthy life.