Bone lumps on forehead. Solution for it?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have 3 bone lumps on my forehead which seems to be odd in sunlight. Kindly suggest me some solution and the concerned doctor to whom should can raise the situation.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 44 minutes later
Hi there.

Since when have you noticed these swelling on the forehead ?

Were there any acne or boils there before ?

Is there any pain over the swelling ?

The hard swellings can be due to soft tissue swellings like fibroma, dermoid cyst, osteoma, lipoma, or could be due to previous infection like in acne for example.

If they are originating from the bone, it could be osteomas which are not harmful but can cause cosmetic blemish. Nothing to worry.

You will need to consult a General Surgeon at a leading Hospital. The surgeon will diagnose and decide treatment which will consist of possible surgical removal.

Avoid touching or manipulating the swelling s it may get infected and cause pain. Leave it alone and get it shown to your Surgeon to decide further management.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Wishing good health.