Boils on body, right eye and lips. Developed puss, swollen and painful. Medication? Particular diet?

I developed few boils on my body including my right eye and lower lip on right side 5-6 days ago. The one on my lower lip has swollen quite a bit and most probably has developed a pus. It pains a lot especially when I eat, talk etc. I went to my physician two days ago and after checking me he prescribed altacef-250 for 5days, nimulid for 3 days (1-0-1 for both of them) and bactroban to be applied 2-3 times a day. After taking all these medications for two days, the situation has not improved much. (It has not become worse either). I would like to know how long it would take to cure this? Is there any other care including diet I should take to accelerate the healing?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 48 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Ideally the pus should have been cultured and antibiotics should have been prescribed accordingly.
Anyways, if the pus formation is considerable, treatment takes a longer time to show its effect.

The best way forward now is to get the bigger boils drained and a higher antibiotic like augmentin should be started.

Also, please upload a picture of your lesion so that we can be sure that we are dealing with a simple pyoderma and not herpes.
Whenever a patient complains of boils on one side of the body, herpes zoster comes to mind.

You can do this by using the upload your reports feature on the right hand side of the query Page.

Awaiting your response