Boils in thigh near groin. Want lotion for boils.

two days before i had severe fever and body and head ache, yesterday nooni was ok and during the again i had fever and body pain so i took a pin killer tab. the whole night i coul not sleep. in the morning when i woke up and saw there were lot of small boils on the either thighs near the groin. Today i had been to the hospital and they gave me an IV and an IM injection and sain IV is for alergy. They have also given tablets for fivr days, but have not given any lotion for the boils. Kindly suggest.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 14 minutes later

Looks like you are suffering from an exanthematous infection, most probably of viral eitiology.
You have been given appropriate medications for the same.

You can apply calamine lotion to the affected area, this will help reduce in inflammation and also bring in a soothing effect.

A nice home remedy is to mix XXXXXXX milk with glycerine in 1:1 ratio. This is cheaper and equally effective.

I hope I have answered your query, if you have no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you a speedy recovery.