Boils in armpits, breasts, and vagina before periods. Had mouth ulcer and bowel movements after meals. Due to heat?

Hi, i get boils in my arm pits, breasts and vagina (sometimes) before my periods. Last month i got severe mouth ulcer and no boils before my periods. This month i had motions (after every meal with stomach pain). Is it because of heat?
Posted Sun, 30 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 37 minutes later
You are getting all your symptoms in premenstrual phase means you are having premenstrual syndrome, that is common in 85% women of reproductive age group; but their symptoms vary.
In PMS a lady can develop anxiety,depression,changed food habit, insomnia & water retention causing aphthous ulcer in mouth,loose motions & boils due to water retention & skin infection.
PMS can be relieved by taking salt restricted balanced diet including high intake of calcium & magnesium in premenstrual phase along with multivitamin tablets.
Have a regular exercise to relieve stress & anxiety.
Wear loose & cotton garments to prevent skin infections.
I hope your query has been answered.
Follow-up: Boils in armpits, breasts, and vagina before periods. Had mouth ulcer and bowel movements after meals. Due to heat? 2 days later
Thanks for your reply. Will PMS gain weight and also feel full and pluffy during periods and over eat 2 to 3 days before the cycle. Is this common?

Can this be cured? Will there be some harmonal imbalance because of this? Off late i feel i shout a lot during, post and pre one week of my cycle.
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 5 hours later

Thanks again.

Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) also called premenstrual tension (PMT) is a collection of physical and emotional symptoms related to women's menstrual cycle.

You can gain weight in PMS due to changed food habit.

The exact causes of PMS are not fully understood. While PMS is linked to the luteal phase & linked to serotonin activity in brain. Many treatments have been suggested for PMS, including diet or lifestyle changes, and other supportive means. Medical interventions are primarily concerned with hormonal treatment like combined oral contraceptive pills.

Some PMS symptoms may be relieved by leading a healthy lifestyle: Reduction of caffeine, sugar, and sodium intake and increase of fibre, and adequate rest and sleep.

I hope the advice would be helpful for you. Let me know if you have any other queries.
If all your queries are answered, please close this discussion.