Boils appeared in groin and started itching. What could be the cause?

Mar 2013
Hi I am 81 yrs old and I have now got three boils on my groin lips and my Dr did not even look at them. She was only in with me maybe 3 min. Everything that is wrong with me is age according to her. I am a very healthy lady. the only other thing wrong with me is I get that darn femine itch went to Dr and he gave me a sauve to use it helps but is not curing it. Had both legs done and eyes Bad lungs but other uther wise healthy I am really sick of the itch and the boils
Can you give me some advice to help XXXXXXX XXXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 26 minutes later
The boils could be due to infection of the hair follicles in the groin.
It is called folliculitis.
It could also be infection of the sweat glands in the area.
Another reason could be due to poor local hygiene.
Try and use cotton, non allergic underwear.
The itching could be because of local yeast infection.
Also, at 81, hormonal changes make the area dry and friable, leading to itching and infection.
You can use antibacterial ointment such as Betadine on the boils.
Use Evalon cream for local application for the itching.
You can take anti allergic such as Allercet for the itching.
you need to see a physician as generalized itching could be because of renal or liver failure or some allergy.
You need to see a specialist.
keep the area well moisturized and lubricated - for the genital area, use Lubic gel, and use a good moisturizing lotion for the whole body, hands and feet.
Have complete blood testing done, including complete blood count, renal and liver functions , hormonal profile etc.
Take care, and feel free to ask for further clarifications.